Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Beaded necklaces



Our new project is definitely inspired by one of my favorite modern day artists. Elsa Mora. Her work and style reminds me very much of my favorite artist Frida Kahlo.

Here is your challenge:

1.Create at least one medalion that has a minimum of 5 rings. Don't let each ring be the same width. Use some of them as borders. (I'll clariy this in class)
2. Even if the example isn't something that is your style, think about how you could make it your style or how you could style it for someone else? We don't want to rip off this artist's idea, but instead be inspired to make something our own.

Today in class you'll get colored pencils and paper to plan your design.

Here is some additional inspiration:



Mandalas are often used for meditation or spiritual rituals. Here is a coloring sheet if you're interested.
I also think this project could be very inspired by Native American beadwork and design.