Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome 9th Graders!

Today we have shortened periods.
TO DO TODAY:

1. Today is the day to ask any questions about what to do and where to go on regular school days. Let's talk about that.

2. Get out your planner and write down my birthday. It's on January 13th. You won't have me in class then, but if you come back and say 'happy birthday,' I'll give you candy. Nice huh?

3. Get an index card and write these things on it:

a. favorite color:

b. favorite food:

c. best place to hang out:

d. this year I want to get involved in:

Don't write your name on this card. Just hand it to me. I'll shuffle these cards and hand them back out to you. You'll need to then question students in the room to find out whose card you have.

4. Introduce the person from your card. Make sure you pronounce their name correctly. If you don't remember how to say it, ASK.